Your Role @ BIT:
- You will be supporting our ambitious software and data initiatives in a fast-paced startup environment at one of the most successful asset managers in the world.
- You implement and maintain the extraction of proprietary non-commercial datasets.
- You maintain and extending our ETL pipelines for the efficient processing of high volumes of market, fundamental and proprietary data.
- You implement operational tools s.a. web-based interactive dashboards, to support the investment team in their research and portfolio management activities.
- You maintain and improve our back-testing platform (written in Python).
- You contribute to the operation and improvement of our existing frameworks for version control, documentation, testing/validation, and IT operations.
- You automate and maintain the resources on AWS.
- Top of class degree in a technical discipline: Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or Engineering.
- At least 2 years of work experience as a Python developer.
- Proficient in Python as a programming language, including Pandas.
- Experience with web development and web scraping; extensive experience with web scraping is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in PostgreSQL; some experience with Elastic Bean stalk, Lambda, Code pipeline and Athena.
- Experience in managing resources on AWS and implementing security measures.
- Familiarity with Linux and commonly associated shells and commands.
- Some experience and/or interest in financial markets and investing.
- Excellent communication skills in English; German is not necessary.
- You are a team player, seeking to work with entrepreneurial individuals and thrive in a high-performance, transparent culture.
- You set very high standards for your work and are willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best-in-class results.
- You balance quick results with long-term maintainability and scalability in the technologies you deploy.
- You execute with ownership, determination and free of politics.
- You communicate proactively while tackling difficult topics and challenges.
- You are self-reflected and will constantly grow and learn.
- You are passionate about markets and data, and can relate to our BIT Capital vision
What's in for you:
- Challenging, varied tasks for a steep learning curve.
- Individual development offers as well as a transparent, appreciative feedback culture for your personal development.
- An experienced, international team with professional colleagues and strong experts for an inspiring network.
- Team events for a successful team that brings together the digital and financial world.
- Good salary for your strong performance.
- Flexible working hours for a good work-life balance.
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team, and strong personal development. Just submit your CV and all relevant documents. We look forward to meeting you!