- Evaluating and integrating new datasets into our product.
- Clustering, bias removal and signal extraction.
- You put yourself into the customer’s shoes and think about how they use the data to make better investment decisions.
- You work closely with the product team to bring your ideas to life and excite our customers.
- Another part of the role is that you construct fundamental models to forecast company KPIs from alternative and traditional datasets.
- You remain up-to-date with the latest developments in the world of alternative data for investing, cultivating relationships with key people, tracking the main publications, attending relevant conferences, etc..
- You report directly to the CTO and have a lot of freedom to shape your responsibilities and the impact of data science at sparkdata.
- Strong academic track record in any field - a graduate degree and/or the CFA would be a plus.
- Knowledge of standards of financial data and experience in building financial models required.
- 4 years of data analysis or data science experience required.
- Ideally 2 years of previous experience deriving investment insights from alternative data sources.
- Experience using either Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks, Numpy, Sklearn, pandas or SQL for data analysis a plus.
- Know-how of the alternative data industry, including data categories and vendors is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English; German or other languages are a plus but not required)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A tremendously interesting dataset that is growing quickly and will expand further not only in size but also breadth when we acquire different kinds of data.
- A company that has data science at its core - in regards to the business model and how we drive the product.
- A small, innovative and dynamic team offering many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation package
Expect an exciting environment – with real impact, a great team and strong personal development. Sounds interesting? We're looking forward to meeting you! Please submit your CV and all relevant working documents online